My second blog/vlog post is up and accessible here!
I've reached the final few days of the official fellowship and I've managed to comb through 90% of the text. While not my original goal for the summer, I definitely underestimated how much time it would take to look closely at the text and do data entry. I'm still very pleased with what I did manage to accomplish as I know it's important to set up a solid foundation for my work before I continue to work on the visualization aspect.
This summer I've been participating in the University of Iowa's Digital Scholarship and Studio Summer Fellowship! I've written one blog post about my experience so far and you can read that here!
My primary focus for this summer has been the digital map and most of my time has been data entry from the text into an Excel spreadsheet (as shown in my first post about the map). While I underestimated just how much time I would spend looking at the text this summer, it's been a wonderful opportunity to knock out this critical portion of the project so I can get on to the visualization portions.
I've got another Studio blog post going up tomorrow and will link to that in a separate post!